Sunday 8 March 2009

Come for a walk with me

Up to a bit of wild wood on a hill.


Spring is coming here,

Se that man in front of you? That man lost his son and misses him. You would never know if you passed him walking in that wood, but that man in different circumstances might have been carrying a baby close to his chest.

There's a stream that runs through this wood,
The water is flowing fast today after all the rain. You can listen to the sound.


Turn a sharp corner to the left and climb the path to the holly tree, look back down to the path you walked along. What a view.

Look up at the tall trees stretching skyward.


This is where we left our son. George's body rests here in the shade of the trees, with spring bulbs planted around. They are growing well but not yet blooming. We'll be back to see them when they are. Ray's Mum scattered her dear old dog Sally's ashes around George's spot. "Someone to play with."

This morning Ray said he wanted to go and see his sister, "we'll go and check on the bulbs too shall we?" Ray's sister lives on the road that leads to the wood. This is the first time we've been back since Ray dug his son's grave in October. He didn't take photos today and he takes photos everywhere. This is a sombre place for him but he's glad the bulbs are growing and the ground hasn't been disturbed.

After visiting the wood, we called on his sister and brother in law. "We've been to see George and Sally" Ray doesn't say George's name often, neither do I to be honest, except on the inside. It made me feel warm to hear him say it today. "We're going to be trying again soon". Yes we are.


16 comments:

  1. George's spot is so beautiful. I love that he and Sally are together in a spot that's surrounded by such peace and love. Thank you for sharing this with us- it's so special to have been able to visit George with you today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful spot for George. Very peaceful. I bet it will be amazing when the bulbs bloom bright!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How incredibly beautiful! Thanks for sharing this little taste of spring, it hasn't quite come here yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Equal parts heartbreaking, beautiful, and peaceful. Not that it matters, but "Come for a walk with me" is my favorite post you have shared. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ever so lovely Barbara, but that's what I've come to expect when I stop by here. For my daily dose of lovely. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful! I am so glad you have a place to go to remember George. And I am so happy for you that you are going to try again soon. It is such a big step.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful post. A beautiful spot, and beautiful words.

    ReplyDelete
  8. awesome pictures - i love them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So peaceful and perfect. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm bawling. I can't think of anything to write. I am so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautiful. What an amazing place for George. And I agree, I'm happy to see Spring somewhere, it sure as hell isn't here. Gorgeous photos, you're really talented, Barbara.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just beautiful. I am pleased that George has someone to play with...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Here from creme.

    Beautiful. What a way with words you have. Thank you for sharing this intimate place!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Arrived here from the crème de la crème list.

    I'm sorry for your loss. It's a beautiful spot you chose for your son George, thanks for sharing it here.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Here from the Creme.
    Beautiful post and I am sorry for your lost

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Photobucket