I've been tagged twice with this by Hope's sweet mama Sally and the lovely Cara, mother of Emma Grace, the Bear and the Commedian so I suppose I really should do it now.
The Honest Scrap Award.
A) Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in content or design.
B) Show the 7 winners names and links on your blog, and leave a comment informing them that they were prized with "Honest Scrap." Well, there's no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon.
C) List at least 10 honest things about yourself.
10 honest things about me:
- No one I know thinks I'm shy. I am although not as shy as I used to be, I have become quite outspoken at times since George died. I don't make friends easily but when I do they can break my heart.
- For many years I had very low self esteem, was ridiculously self-conscious and ate for comfort (still do sometimes, chocolate anyone?) It's only over the last 10 years that I finally learned to like myself and feel comfortable in my skin. I no longer need the approval of others; I am content to be me.
- I started my periods at 9. My first one lasted 6 weeks. I think that's where the shyness and self-consciousness stems from. Being different to all the other girls in my class and having breasts and coping with blood whilst playing with dolls makes for a confused little head. I've been coping with periods longer than some of you have been alive, you'd think I'd be good at it by now but.. bleugh!
- I'm messy, really untidy and I have to fight myself to keep ahead of it and I don't always win. I have a pile of clothes in our bedroom ready and waiting to be sorted out... and waiting. And it's ok. Up to the point when it isn't.
- I never thought I'd be this happy or this sad.
- I lived in Geneva, Switzerland for 5 years and worked as a nanny.
- I don't believe in your religion, whatever it is. Please don't be offended. Please don't try and convert me. I'll explain another day.
- I'm an artist who hasn't touched a canvas since Ray and I got together and I don't know why. I have 7 blank canvasses of varying sizes ready and willing. And I'm happy to wait for inspiration.
- I'm about to start making silver jewellery again after a 15 year break. And my first piece will be something for me with George's name on it and I'm rather excited!
- I'm a vegetarian who hasn't eaten meat or fish for 25 years. The last meat I ate was in a chicken sandwich which my Mum made for my lunch after I told her I was going to be a veggie that morning. (I cook meat for Ray on occasion, I have tongs for that purpose... I'm SO good to him!)
- And because I'm often stubborn, occasionally I need to be a bit different and I like to be awkward I have 11 honest facts!
By the way,
Did you know that Birni at All The Little Ponies changed her blog address? Please go and say hello again.
Everyone please go and welcome Clarence's Mommy to our wonderful sad sisterhood, she started blogging in January about the loss of her beautiful boy at the end of November. I think she could do with a little more support.