Monday 16 January 2012

One small miracle in the making

Goodness, has it been that long?.

It's been difficult not to tell you. I wanted you to know; you are my support system. If you're still out there?

Today I am 14w 4d pregnant.

I'm scared, elated, stunned, and every emotion you might think of. All at once.

And until last Tuesday we were very scared of test results. I had a cvs test the Friday before after swearing that I would never ever ever do it again ever. But they gave us scary odds, even after a wonderful 12 week ultrasound where baby was wriggling and jumping and waving and chewing and kicking and had a "normal" nuchal measurement. My phone rang that Tuesday afternoon while I was sitting in the car waiting for Ray to pay for petrol and the results say no this, that and the other. He came back to see me smiling and crying. And then we went and told my Mum about the baby and she smiled and cried too. I take after her, you know.

I'm breathing again now. Waiting for my appetite to come back and trying just being pregnant again after switching off and going into limbo for four days.

We had ultrasounds at 8 and 10 weeks too and while Ray and I squeezed each others hand in trepidation, all was well. Baby seems so much more active than George was but maybe that's just wishful hoping. I would almost swear I can already feel it. Or it might be gas, most likely gas, I have a lot of that too.

I wasn't going to say anything to anyone until at least 21 weeks lest I jinx the whole affair but we don't believe in that sort of rot now do we? Besides we simply can't keep it in any longer!

We are very very cautiously optimistic at this point but we have such a long way to go so your good thoughts would be much appreciated.


If you would like to, you can see the ultrasound pics from 12 weeks here.


Oh yes, and we're not "out" on FB yet.



32 comments:

  1. FLAIL! SQUEE! etc...

    I am SO happy to hear that things continue to be good. I have nothing but faith and hope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing and wonderful news. Wishing and hoping. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosh, oh my gosh, what news!!! Thank you for sharing and I promise my lips are sealed over on that pesky FB.

    (but yay!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm doing a HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY dance all around my living room. I am so, so pleased for you and Ray.

    Sending so many good thoughts to you and your beautiful little one. Reading your news has made my week! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so happy to read this and elated for you! hoping for the very best!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 2nd trimester- whoop, whoop!!!! Keeping quiet, but only because my yells of elation would wake the neighbors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So happy for you and holding enormous amounts of hope!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You should know that this news will qualify for 5 good things for me times about 100!!! I'm SOOOO happy for you and am absolutely thrilled to be able to know! (No mention on FB, of course!) Thank you for sharing...thank you for opening your heart and your fears up so that we can hold your hand and (try) to help keep you sane! Just suuuuuuper excited for you!!!!

    HOORAY!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, Barb, this is wonderful news. I am holding so much hope for you, Ray and this new little person you are carrying.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such fantastic news!!!! So, so happy for you!!!
    As a longish time reader, I suspected and I'm so happy to have my happy suspicions confirmed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lots of happy dancing here too. But don't you dance. You just sit yourself down with your feet for the next six months or so! And get Ray to put the kettle on. That's an order!
    Love you heaps, Barb.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful, wonderful news! So happy for you and Ray!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay!! So happy for you both! This is fantastic news. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations, Barbara!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow! So fantastic Barb! I'm so very happy for you & Ray! You deserve this! Enjoy every minute! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amazing news, Barb. So thrilled for you guys and hoping for an easy and peaceful six months! xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hooray!! What wonderful news! Holding so much hope for you. With my rainbow baby pregnancy, I never did come out on FB - just posted pics of her when she finally arrived - so I definitely get the not-telling. Thanks for sharing here, and you'll be in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is AWESOME!!! So happy for you both and sending big warm hugs. xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Perfect ultra sound picture...thanks for sharing. Big hugs and kisses to you and Ray...so very happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Crying HAPPY, HAPPY tears here. Absolutely over the moon for you and Ray and wishing every good thing for George and little Poppet's wee sibling.

    ReplyDelete
  22. PS - like really, best news ever! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am so very excited for you. I have followed you for a while. Many congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. So happy for you! It is scary to share such news ... the fear of the big jinx so real in our hearts. Glad to know all things seem to be going well. Thinking of you and your newest little muffin! Have you come up with a nickname yet?

    ReplyDelete
  25. Somehow I missed this post (just saw the one today). Again so happy and have everything crossed for a boring, normal pregnancy from here.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wonderful, wonderful news! Thinking of you and Ray and remembering George and Poppet ~

    ReplyDelete
  27. WOW! That's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  28. love and happy and wow!

    xxooxxooxxoo Ines

    ReplyDelete
  29. love and happy and wow!

    xxooxxooxxoo Ines

    ReplyDelete
  30. i'm catching up on blogs (as always) and am so happy to see this on your blog! :) i was actually wondering when i would get another email from you. sending much love you and your little one xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  31. I'm so far behind on blogs, and just seeing this now...and absolutely elated for you. sending strength and will have you in my thoughts

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Photobucket